The SOP Star Awards was instituted in the year 2017 to recognise the Indian Packaging Sector for its efforts in the industry ranging from primary and ancillary packages to the machinery and equipment. It lauds new concepts and developments backed by creativity and innovation and both professional and academic excellence.
The awards are given to various Indian companies ranging from Pharma, FMCG to Converter Industries for Packaging Excellence in Development, Innovation, Creativity and Sustainability.
The dignitaries who have graced as Chief Guests for the earlier editions of the Award Ceremony have been:
- 5th Edition 2021: Shri. Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Textiles, Govt. of India
- 4th Edition 2020: Prof. Paul Singh, Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University, USA;
- 3rd Edition 2019: Shri. Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Hon. Governor of Maharashtra;
- 2nd Edition 2018: Padma Vibhushan Dr. R. Chidambaram, Indian Physicist;
- 1st Edition 2017: Shri. Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India.